Tuesday, December 13, 2011

put to the test

Long, quiet weekend.  I must confess, that I sorta miss Ralph....or rather, miss having someone to do something with.  Chris and I really don't have much in common and without Ralph to bitch about, I'm finding I'm not really interested in anything he has to say.  It's all excuses or rationalizations anyway.

Here it is, nine months after the explosion with friends and things haven't changed much.  I drove all the way to Randy's house a few months ago, only to watch a movie and not talk very much.  Sitting there, I felt the distance between us, and was actually glad when I found an oppurtunity to exit.  Katie though, was pleasant when we met at Steak and Shake.  Alas, not really heard form either of them except for the occasional tweet.

Last night, I asked a simple question concerning the future of our friendships, gaming....etc.  No answer was given by Randy, but in and of itself, it was the answer I thought.  Honestly, if we're not gaming, or drinking....what have we ever done together?   Katie's promised to do something after Christmas...

So, without negativity, it's become obvious that I'm holding on to strings.

Another mini semester of school is ending.  I didn't apply myself as much as I should.  I'd like to provide excuses but ulimately, I was lazy.  My money worries have mostly gone away, just waiting to see what the government is going to do about the federal extension.  Because I had to reapply due to my working last March, i'm still on the regular unemployment offered by the state.  If the extension is given, I'm sure it'll last until I'm done with school.

I've got the first part of my A+ certification test wednesday morning.  So far, most of my class has passed, and i'm afraid, unrationally of course, that I'll be the fluke and fail it.  It doesn't affect my grade at all, and I can retake the test the next day....but I fear failing.   My ability to retain knowledge and learn fairly quickly without much effort is being put to the test. 

My mother is moving in with my grandmother.  I think it's a bad idea...but we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home