Monday, March 05, 2012

surreal

another great fear having to be faced.

sitting here in the hospital for a diabetic ulcer on my heel.  I first discovered it about a week ago, and thought about going to the doctor then, but hesitated because Chris was moving - thus concerned about money.  So today, while getting ready for my game, I decided to take a picture of the wound, so I could see it.

OMG. 

John brought me to the hospital shortly after, and they admitted me.  After several xrays, it's appears the infection has not reached the bone, and is treatable. I got vancomycin intraveneously with saline solution.  Apparently, I was dehydrated with an ungodly high blood pressure reading.

Now, at 1:41am, I can't sleep.  I'm in a room with an old man that keeps hacking. His speaker for his tv is turned up really high, I don't think he hears that well....which is very good as I won't be able to sleep due to my snoring. He's got some kind of infection too.

 I've taken three meds for blood pressure, which is now acceptable, and had another IV dose of zosyn.  John never said it, but I could tell he didn't want to bring me here.  Really feeling isolated because I don't really think anyone cares for me but sophie.  How I wish I could hug her right now.

Chris is moving out; from what I gather, his mother is coming to pick him up this saturday.  I sure hope I'm outta this place tomorrow (Tuesday).  The cute orthopedic surgeon said I'd have to go to Wound Care for definite debridement for some of the tissue, and possibly having my foot cut on.  I say just do it, give me my crutches and let me go home. 

but then, I'll have to deal with the whole paying for this thing, when I'm not even sure i'll be able to survive school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home