Monday, April 20, 2015

the day after

The day after I turned 44.

There's a subtle excitement within.  I'm laying on the couch, front windows open and listening to the solitary baby bird outside screaming for its mother.  There is little to no other sounds; not even the typical noise of the laptop fan. 

Morning commute must be over as I hear no cars.  No dogs barking, no children yelling and no pressure from guilty consciousness.

Hershey is restless sleeping at my feet, but her warmth is inviting.

Received a message from Randy last night, at least I think it was him.  I don't have his nor Katie's number in my phone anymore.  More symbolic than anything, but...it is what it is.  I always thought broccoli was pretty, but not as pretty as that swivel shavings from pencils: all brown from the wood with a yellow edge like some flower as it falls away.

Chaotic thought patterns abound and I'm craving sauteed onions.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home