Wednesday, July 06, 2005

the beautiful ones

"paint a perfect picture,
bring to life the visions in one's mind.
the beautiful ones always smash the picture,
always....everytime"

I sat in the back seat of Mike's Scion; wind blowing against my face and I close my eyes. Shadows dance across my face. It feels as if I could be young again. Young like that one afternoon as Raymond and I drove to Broadripple in the spring.

I wished really hard to go back to that time. I wished so very hard that when I opened my eyes, I'd get to do it all again, and enjoy it instead of letting it pass me by. When I opened them, nothing had changed. I watched Adam from behind and became envious of his youth.

That night we sat by the pool while blue waves lit up the surrounding trees. Adam was flirting with Mike and it didn't seem to bother me as much this time. My fortune earlier had said "Your dearest wish will come true" I thought about that as I looked up at the sky....and saw a falling star.

I wished for my dream house - not unlike the one in which I was visiting. In retrospect, my dearest wish isn't the house. My dearest wish is if I could be 16 again and know the peace I have now.

I wouldn't take it all for granted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home